Although these terms are often confused, they mean two completely different marketing approaches providing successful development of any brand in social media. So what’s the difference?
SMRM is a strategy of maintaining long-term social media relationships and expanding brand influence. To achieve them, you should:
- perform automatic monitoring of all social media;
- parse your target audience;
- select a communication strategy;
- create marketing buzz or hidden marketing effect;
- promote your brand with positive reviews and recommendations.
SMM is a strategy of promotion of products or services through social media. To achieve key performance indicators, you should create content, launch advertising campaigns and optimize accounts.
Simply put, the difference between these tools lies precisely in approaches. For example, SMRM establishes long-term relations and creates brand advocates in the whole social web space, while SMM attracts new subscribers and customers within specified groups.
Subscribe to newsletters
to get interesting offers and news first